Several hundred volunteers are already confirmed for this weekend's annual effort to spruce up the city of Santa Barbara. It's called Community Clean-Up Day, and it's schedule for this Saturday.
Organizers say they anticipate at least 400 participants.
Groups will be assigned to several different project sites, including trash pick-up, graffiti removal, and a creek clean-up.
The day-long event kicks off with a free pancake breakfast provided by the Kiwanis Club and will conclude with a celebration at Ortega Park.
Several community groups are scheduled to lend their assistance with the various projects. The police Activities League (PAL), San Marcos High School Football, UCSB Volleyball, Girls Inc., New Life Church, and Calvary Baptist Church are among the groups signed up thus far.
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
- (optional) Pancake Breakfast
- 736 W. Islay St. - Calvary Baptist Church
9:00 - 12:00 p.m.
- Clean Up
- East Side gathering point at Ortega Park, 600 block of Salsipuedes St.
- West Side gathering point at Calvary Baptist Church
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Celebration at Ortega Park