There are a large number of 4th of July fireworks displays and community celebrations being held Friday—and even Saturday—along the Central Coast.
Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties have five shows each, but Monterey County does not have any fireworks displays this year (and hasn't for several years according to the visitors bureau).
San Luis Obispo County (courtesy of the Visit San Luis Obispo County)
- Cambria - Shamel Park - 9:30 p.m. Friday
- Cayucos - near the pier - 9:00 p.m. Friday
- Morro Bay - Tidelands Park - 9:15 p.m. Friday
- Paso Robles - Downtown City Park - 9:15 p.m. Friday
- Pismo Beach - Pismo Pier - 9:00 p.m. Friday
Santa Barbara County:
- Goleta - Girsh Park - 9:00 p.m. Friday
- Lompoc - Huyck Stadium - Begins at dusk (NOTE: this is on Saturday)
- Santa Barbara - West Beach - 9:00 p.m. Friday
- Santa Maria - Santa Maria Fairpark - 9:00 p.m. Friday
- Solvang - Old Mission Santa Inès - 9:00 p.m. Friday